Give your puppy away (for a while)
This is going to be one of the hardest things to work on with a new puppy but I think it is one of the most important.
What you have to do is let your puppy experience things that you may not be a part of.
I know, I know. But there are thousands of little differences that you can’t think through but that can be addressed by accident this way. Here are some ideas:
1) Stay in a hotel with your puppy. Different noises, different routine in the evening and in the morning. Different ritual associated with going potty.
2) Let your puppy stay overnight with a trusted friend. Different household pets, different rhythms in the household, different stuff (washer/dryer, TV, floorboards, linoleum, reflections, ceiling fans....), vibrations, noises, routines, smells....
3) Let your puppy stay for a couple hours with a trusted friend while you go do errands during the day. Different ways to play, different voices and body language, different smells.
4) You get the idea....
1) That old phrase “the more things change, the more they stay the same” applies here.
2) It’s easy to put this off but the sooner you help your puppy learn to be easy with change, the better.
3) You won’t have a problem with bonding with your puppy no matter how much fun it is for a friend to take over for a few hours.